Friday, June 15, 2012

Travel Day

I woke up early on Tuesday to drive to Indianapolis International Airport.  My mom dropped me off and I will be honest, when she did I got a little teary-eyed. I started to get nervous, but knew this was going to be an amazing trip. I met with the rest of the group at the airport, well, minus one because of a passport issue.  From that day on, we would be spending all our time together.  I wondered if we would get along..I was in for a pleasant surprise.  Once everyone arrived, some later than others, we walked to our gate, got our tickets, and boarded the plane to JFK.  We had a long layover at JFK, but this gave us a chance to begin to get to know each other.  Already I could tell we were all going to get along.  After a couple of hours and more security, we were on the plane.   Unfortunately, we were scattered throughout the plane, but this gave us a chance to sleep  Maddie, the girl with the passport troubles made it just in time.  Interestingly enough, it was because the other group who would be on our tour was late boarding the plane, so they waited for them.  This gave Maddie enough time to board the plane as well.  That was an interesting coincidence.  Ten hours later, we arrived in Tel Aviv's Ben-Gurion International Airport. and our journey began!  We met our tour guide,Baligh, who ended up being the best tour guide ever.  Although, we had some minor issues in the beginning, this did not stop us from having an amazing trip.  Once we boarded the bus with the rest of our tour group, we headed to our first hotel, Hotel Kibbutz Shefayim.  The hotel was on a beautiful property.  We enjoyed a nice meal when we arrived, watched a Jewish wedding at our hotel, and started to get to know each other better.  However, after a long day of traveling, we were ready to sleep.  The next day we were headed to Caesarea Maritimia, Acre and Haifa.

Photos taken by Dr. James McGrath

No comments:

Post a Comment